Ad ID: 160594
Added: July 12, 2020
Location: United States
City: Bal Harbour
Renowned, multi-concept, James Beard Award winning STARR Restaurants has begun the arduous process of rebuilding our company in the global pandemic driven “new normal” of consumer dining. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we recently reopened our dining rooms in accordance with the CDC and city regulations. The welfare of our community has always been, and continues to be, our highest priority, and we have taken the time to implement new operational standards to keep our guests and team members safe and healthy.
The next phase of our reopening process is to hire and train our staff on our new best practices/standards and we are actively seeking skilled HOSTS/HOSTESSES for modern, high-end Japanese restaurant MAKOTO in Bal Harbour. Joining our team means being an important part of an amazing restaurant reopening, in an environment that allows you to develop both personally and professionally.
Build the Business
• Greeting every guest as they enter the restaurant.
• Offering assistance to our guest’s with coats, bags, strollers, etc.
• Accommodating guest requests whenever possible.
• Offering a warm farewell to every guest as they leave the restaurant
• Immediately notifying management of any guest complaints, including any interactions with a guest that leads the host to believe that the guest is not 100% happy with their visit.
Drive for Results
• Answering phones in a polite and hospitable manner, taking reservations and guest requests, and answering guest’s questions.
• Handling the OpenTable reservation system to make guest’s check-in and seating as smooth as possible.
• Maintaining updated table information in Open Table and/or Resy
• Conveying all appropriate guest information to managers, staff and chefs (e.g. VIP’s, special occasions, special requests, etc.)
• Quoting accurate wait times (if appropriate) for walk-in guests.
• Maintaining a clean and orderly host stand and entrance area.
Qualified candidates will have:
• a true passion for hosting — helping to create an environment where people not only have fun but feel relaxed, welcome, and connected
• a genuine nature; able to comfortably engage in natural dialogue with guests
• integrity and the ability to make decisions on your feet
• the ability to speak clearly and articulately on the telephone, providing information and answering questions for callers, while focusing on etiquette and conveying a sense of calm
• a minimum 1 year of Host experience in a well-rated restaurant
• open availability to work daytime/evenings/weekends
TO APPLY, please reply to this ad with an attached Word or PDF version of your resume today!