Ad ID: 160268
Added: July 10, 2020
Location: United States
State: New York
City: New York
*** COVID NOTE ***
Yes, we’re hiring during COVID. Yes, it’s super-weird, but what are we going to do? We need some help. We don’t want to get sick and won’t want you to get sick either.
We’ll interview with masks (indoors) and hopefully also without (outdoors). We’re wearing masks when interacting with customers and we’re requiring them to wear them too.
Hopefully this mask thing will pass. Soon.
*** END COVID NOTE ***
I run a small – but busy – coffee roastery and service company and am seeking a highly motivated and organized Administrative Manager. This is an excellent position for a clear-thinking person who can work independently to coordinate multiple projects and handle multiple responsibilities.
The Administrative Manager will play a key role in helping our company satisfy our customers’ requests and continue to grow.
The AM will, among other responsibilities, act as a liaison between myself (the owner) and the rest of the world. As such, this individual should be able to communicate with customers, vendors and partners in a professional and friendly manner across multiple media; phone calls, face to face meetings, emails and text messaging.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Communication: Regular communication with customers,vendors and partners
– Basic Bookkeeping: Invoices and quotes, purchase orders and bills, bank deposits
– Customer Service: Walk-ins, phone calls, email, etc.
– Purchasing: Office and shop supplies, product ingredients and packaging supplies, etc.
– Web & Social Media: Website & online channel content updates, social media posts,
– Shipping Support: Invoices, packing slips, labels, supplies inventory
– Other: Some packaging and shipping support
Critical skills and qualities required for this position include:
– Personal Organization: We always have multiple projects and deadlines; attention to detail is key. Your job is to help me be organized.
– Computer Skills: Word processing, basic spreadsheets, desktop publishing, graphics manipulation (crop, resize, brighten, etc).
– Language Skills: You must be able to read, write and speak English well and clearly. The ability to also do so in another language is, of course, a plus.
– Self Motivation and Direction: These are critical skills. You need to be able to work hard and you need to be able to ask for help when you need it.
This is a small business. There are often multiple priorities and there’s a lot of getting up and down involved in the job; it’s not all at the desk. You won’t have to do it very often, but you should be capable of lifting 40 lbs off the floor and of carrying 30 lbs across the room comfortably.
This a part-time position; 2-3 days per week. We’re hoping it will grow to become a full-time position in the near future.
Experience is less important than ability. It’s not what you know, it’s what you can learn.
Compensation and Perks:
– Hourly compensation – negotiable depending on work experience
– Schedule flexibility – sometimes we’ll need you, sometimes you have real-life responsibility. We understand.
– Casual (work environment) attire
– Clean office with air conditioning
– Great coffee
Please respond with an informal letter telling me a little bit about yourself. Include answers to the questions below (there are no wrong answers) and a short explanation of why you think you might like this job.
Please attach your resume as a PDF.
– If you drink coffee, how do you drink your coffee?
– If you could be super-strong or super-fast, which would you choose and why?
– What’s the best book you’ve read in the last few years?
234 Poppy Ln, Bensenville, IL 60106, EE. UU.