Ad ID: 190410
Added: September 2, 2021
Location: United States
Royal American Management, a national property management company has an immediate opening for a full-time Assistant Community Manager to manage an apartment community in Marianna, FL. Previous property management experience required. Responsible for assisting the community manager with the daily operations of the property. Strong written and verbal communication skills a must. Strong Microsoft Office skills a plus. Experience in Tax Credit, LIHTC, Senior and OneSite preferred.
• Competitive salary
• Company-paid benefits: life insurance and LTD
• Company-subsidized health benefits
• Wellness programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) matching contribution
• Fifteen (15) days Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year
• Ten (10) paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement programs and annual scholarship program
EOE and Drug Free Workplace
Under direct supervision of the Community Manager, the Assistant Community Manager acts as the administrative assistant for the property and is responsible for understanding all company policies and procedures and assisting the Community Manager in implementing such on the property.
The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for effectively computing, classifying, and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with leasing, marketing, and resident relations for the community. Incumbent is expected to have excellent attendance and communication skills, possess the ability to build lasting business relationships, and exhibit professionalism.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description does not list all duties that will be required of this position. You will be required to perform other duties, as requested by your supervisor.
• Creates positive, welcoming, supportive environment for residents, visitors, and community associates
• Assists Community Manager in attracting, screening, and selecting prospective residents in accordance with federal, state, governing program laws and regulations utilizing the set Resident Selection Criteria
• Maintains knowledge and awareness of market conditions affecting leasing and operations
• Assists Community Manager in developing and executing marketing and advertising campaigns for apartment leasing.
• Assists with development and implementation of resident services programming
• Maintains sound rent collection procedures, including following up with delinquent accounts
• Delivers rent deposits to bank and submits relevant documentation
• Assists in overseeing the security deposit administration including inspecting units to determine resident’s balance or refund, preparing disposition letters, and processing security deposit returns
• Maintains familiarity with all procedures and requirements for accounts payable
• Assists in the preparation of the annual operating budget, and works with the Community Manager to maintain budgetary guidelines
• Assists in monitoring landlord-tenant relations and mediates disputes when necessary
• Utilizes maintenance software program to enter in and track service request, and regularly reviews maintenance reports
• Inspects apartments for move in condition and turn over status
• Inspect property grounds, office, community room(s) and all other amenities to ensure they are clean and maintained
• Ensure all contractors/vendors have approval from Vendor Compliance prior to performing any work on the property, once approved monitor the activities being performed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
• Ability to perform all functions of a Leasing Consultant
• Able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
• Ability to travel for the purpose of conducting property business
• Ability to work under multiple time constraints
• Basic computer knowledge
• Customer service skills
• Proven written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in One Site preferred
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• A minimum of one year property management experience
• Experience in Tax Credit, LIHTC and Senior housing
Essential Job Functions:
• Able to access all areas of the property’s grounds and structures, including multilevel structures, with or without the aid of an elevator.
• Ability to work with a computer for a minimum of 7 hours daily either standing or sitting
• Effectively communicate with applicants, residents, vendors and supervisors in e-mail, by phone, or in person regarding day to day operations of the property
• Step in as acting Community Manager if the need arises
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.