Ad ID: 174791
Added: July 30, 2020
Location: United States
State: New York
City: New York
The JACX is setting the new standard for creative office development, creating a home to thousands of innovators, creators, leaders, and entrepreneurs.
We are seeking skilled, passionate Dishwasher/Barbacks who take great pride in delivering unparalleled experiences and who value teamwork, integrity, and professional development in The JACX Food Hall.
What is required:
– Scrape and rinse food from dirty dishes and wash dishes by hand, place them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine as directed, ensuring complete cleanliness and sanitation.
– Wash pots, pans, and trays based on assigned procedures ensuring complete cleanliness and sanitation.
– Polishing silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth depending on assigned equipment and procedures ensuring complete cleanliness and sanitation.
– Must ensure compliance with outlined safety procedures.
– Must maintain temperatures and chemical levels as outlined by provided standards.
– Must keep dish area orderly and in compliance with safety standards.
– Sweep and mops kitchen floors to ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standards.
– Wash worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks, and other food prep surfaces.
– Remove trash and places it in designated containers. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
– Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
– Help load and unload supplies and products.
– Responsible for assisting bartenders and other staff members.
– Help with opening and closing duties, setting up and breaking down the bar.
– Clean and refill glassware, clean the bar top, and restocking everything in the bar from spirits to syrups during service.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
– Prior experience in a dining environment
– Must have an outgoing personality and a positive attitude.
– Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used in the workplace, as well as excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
– Must adhere to all company specific safety policies.
– Must work cooperatively with other team members.
Other things to consider:
-A significant portion of the workday requires walking and standing for extended periods.
-Must be able to lift to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
-Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
-Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
-Must comply with all health, safety, and hygiene standards and policies.
The above information is general in nature and level of work expected; it is not intended to be interpreted as an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.
*PLEASE APPLY BY SENDING A COPY OF YOUR RESUME IN A PDF OR WORD FORMAT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS IN THIS POSTING, WITH THE SUBJECT TITLE “JACX FOOD HALL LIFT BARBACK/DISHWASHER.”
The JACX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regard to race, color, age, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.