Ad ID: 157997
Added: July 8, 2020
Location: United States
Diesel Mechanic Wanted!!
Employment type: Full-time
Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic Wanted!!
Job Description: Candidate will maintain diesel equipment operational by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping record.
• Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; etc.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as , power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
• Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventative maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Pay Rate: Will be discussed while interview is being conducted.
Shift: (To be determined by Operations Manager)
Duration: Employment is temp to hire.
Must have valid documents to work.
Have and maintain a valid driver’s license Class C
Have and maintain a clean driving record & criminal background
Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous labor under adverse field conditions.
Adaptability to a frequently changing and fast paced environment
Must be able to commute to job site as needed for repairs
Must be a team player with a positive attitude
Ability to work near heavy equipment and in outside conditions that include inclement weather conditions not limited to heat, humidity.
Must pass drug screen.
Info: Contact: Veronica -432-803-8003
Job Location – Port Arthur