Ad ID: 156083
Added: July 6, 2020
Location: United States
State: New York
Phone: (718) 722-0222
We are a new restaurant and bar in Brooklyn, NY with a 52 seater guest size that will be open for dinner and soon to open brunch . We are looking for an executive chef to develop and execute Mediterranean inspired dishes and can handle strong delivery division. Must have solid leadership skills, a highly developed sense of urgency, and be able to work well under pressure while managing others. We want someone who is serious and passionate about their work. Our ideal applicants are individuals who are responsible team players with strong communication and interpersonal skills that can handle multiple tasks in a composed, friendly and hospitable manner and have the speed and skills to handle a very fast paced restaurant.
The ideal candidate must have:
Degree or training in Culinary Arts, Hospitality or related field, or culinary certificate preferred.
• At least two (2) years holding an Executive Chef position.
• Seven (7) + years of culinary experience
· Be experienced managing staff.
· Know how to read a P&L, as you will be expected to maintain food costs and labor budgets.
· Be comfortable and have experience with expediting 50 plus guest covers.
· Collaborate with managers on creating menu for restaurant to stay relevant.
· Be punctual, focused, dedicated, reliable and willing to work a flexible schedule
· Have experience creating and maintaining prep lists, PARS, placing orders, working with vendors, reconciling orders
· Have a Department of Health Food Handler Card. If you don’t have one, you will be required to get one within the first 30 days of employment
· Maintain food safety standards per Department of Health standards so that we are always ready to receive an A grade
· Manage the line and assure food quality and presentation during service
· Assist with oversight of BOH facilities maintenance and upkeep
· Assist in training line and prep cooks, particularly with new dishes and new hires
Please email a copy of resume to email@example.com to schedule an interview.
Restaurant Details below:
Brooklyn, NY 11223