Ad ID: 152263
Added: July 1, 2020
Location: United States
State: North Carolina
Kennel Assistant Needed–Part time (20-30 hours per week). Weekend shifts will be required. Primary duties will include caring for (feeding, cleaning, walking) hospitalized patients and boarding patients (see duty list below). Also, general cleaning and minor maintenance of the hospital will be required. Compassionate, caring, and exceptional interpersonal skills are a must.
QUALIFICATIONS: The kennel assistant must have a high school diploma or equivalent and must demonstrate a happy positive outlook when dealing with all patients and clients. This employee must be able to speak, write, listen to, and read the English language. Previous similar work experience would be extremely helpful (but not required). To be considered, an applicant must be able to use a computer, work cooperatively, and be punctual. This applicant must also be able to perform basic arithmetic.
GENERAL: The kennel assistant is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hospital facility, laundry, pet bathing, grooming assistance, and replenishment of cleaning supplies.
DUTIES: The kennel assistant daily task sheet shall be used in conjunction with this general list of duties.
– Feed, water, walk/exercise all patients as per Doctor’s orders
– Bathe, dry and brush out animals
– Clean kennel runs or cages between each animal
– Assist with animal restraint as needed
– Maintain boarding, hospitalization and medication logs as directed
– Laundry — keep clean, folded and properly stored
– Tidy parking lot and exterior areas of facility
– Sweep & mop all floors each day the facility is open
– Collect and dispose of trash at end of shift
– Stock Paper Towels, toilet paper, soap as needed
– Clean restrooms, utensils and bowls
– Clean drain and fencing on kennels
Obtain an Employment Application here:
Complete the application and either attach it as a reply to this employment ad or apply in person at:
Northview Animal Hospital
125 North Main Street