Ad ID: 195732
Added: July 28, 2022
Location: United States
The Modern Host, Inc. (“TMH”), a specialty foods and wine retailer, seeks to add Team Members to our specialty foods boutique operation in Winter Garden, Florida.
TMH Team Members must have an entrepreneurial mind-set and be willing to work hard in all areas of a fine-foods, boutique-type retail establishment with a focus on cooking our specialized recipes and helping guests identify solutions to their needs. Willingness and ability to perform cleaning and janitorial functions if needed.
– Keen interest in specialty foods, with a focus on wine and cheese. Previous experience and knowledge in these areas is preferred.
– Ability to use and operate a variety of kitchen equipment and utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, slice, grind, stir, strain, season, heat and knead for food preparation, serving, and storing.
– Knowledge of scales and weight measures to ensure appropriate cutting, weighing, packaging, and pricing of cheese, charcuterie, and other specialty foods.
– Able to read and understand recipes and instructions, perform preparation of hot and/or cold foods (including cheese and charcuterie boards), as well as properly package and store food, while complying with regulatory requirements.
– Understanding of basic butchery principles coupled with ability to trim cuts of meat.
– Willingness and ability to stock product, wash dishes, sweep, mop, clean surfaces, workstations, equipment and bathrooms, and other cleaning and organizing tasks as assigned.
– Maintains high standards for appearance and organization of work areas, cleaning, and sanitation.
– Successfully obtain the Florida Food Handler Certification (TMH will satisfy related fees).
– Wear and latex gloves as needed.
– Must be 18 years of age or older.
Essential Physical Requirements
– Ability to stand and/or walk during an entire shift (shifts can vary from 4-10 hours).
– May need to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, frequently.
– Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., frequently and up to 50 lbs., occasionally and while traveling short to medium distances.
Previous experience in catering, cheese and charcuterie board crafting, meats and cheese cutting and serving, cooking and food prep or a related function is required.
An Associate’s Degree and/or formal education in a food related field is preferred but not required.