Ad ID: 152322
Added: July 1, 2020
Location: United States
The Maintenance Technician – Custodial is responsible for maintaining buildings and property in quality condition. This responsibility includes inspecting, maintaining, and overseeing vendor repairs of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other installed systems. This position will oversee the company’s facility operations, respond to work orders and requests, and complete all janitorial duties of the office spaces, all while remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
1. Perform all custodial duties including but not limited to:
a) Emptying trash
b) Cleaning bathrooms and break rooms
c) Vacuuming and sweeping
d) Operating appropriate floor cleaning equipment for ceramic tile, vinyl tile and carpeting
f) Maintain kitchen areas and appliances.
2. Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and light repair work
3. Perform facility inspections and report on conditions affecting operations
4. Ensure that facilities, equipment, and premises are well maintained, clean, and safe
5. Respond efficiently and promptly to all work orders and requests
6. Respond to emergencies
7. Comply with all safety procedures and requirements including maintaining a clean and safe working environment with a continual emphasis on promoting employee health and safety.
8. Maintain compliance with local, state, and federal ordinances and codes
9. Support any after hours building needs and activities as required
10. Employee may perform other related projects and duties as assigned
1. High school diploma/GED required
2. Must be able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a dynamic environment
3. Strong custodial aptitude
4. Strong oral and written communication skills
5. Establish and maintain good working relationships with vendors and all Brown employees
8. 2+ years of related experience
9. Reliable and predicable attendance
10. Self-motivated and customer service oriented
11. Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions. Skilled in following
safety practices and recognizing hazards.
12. Present a positive, professional image
Environment and Physical Requirements:
Inside and outside work. Working outside on building roof. Hot and cold weather. Duties to include maintenance, janitorial, and mechanical work that require standing, walking, sitting, reading, stooping, climbing ladders, crawling in and through low spaces, hand and finger dexterity, clear speech, hearing and listening, reading and writing, clerical, basic math and analytical skills, judgement, problem solving, and decision making. This job will require occasional heavy lifting of up to 60 pounds. Must be able to stand a minimum of 6 hours per day and use proper safety procedures while performing all tasks. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
Interested candidates, please submit an updated resume to the email address attached to this post.
6908 Chapman Rd