Pastry Chef at Kosher UES Restaurant (Upper East Side)
Ad ID: 160222
Added: July 10, 2020
Location: United States
State: New York
City: New York
ROTHSCHILD TLV is looking to hire:
– PASTRY CHEF
This charming Upper East Side venue is open for delivery and take out during the day with plans to open full lunch and dinner service with outdoor seating for PHASE 2 on June 22, 2020 and PHASE 3 with indoor seating when it is announced.
Our menu explores a wide range of Israeli cuisine from formal, traditional preparations to fun, casual food. Rothschild TLV fosters a legendary experience not only for the guests but strive to make it a great place to work for all of its employees.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the below.
• Preparing desserts, pastries, confections, ice cream and other related items
• Familiarity with Kosher baking and cooking – minimum of basic knowledge
• Following recipes with accuracy to ensure consistency in production
• Demonstrating a passion for details and a willingness to learn
• Ability to learn, understand, and to execute daily recipes and menus
• Preparing mise en place for daily service
• Taking part in pre-service duties and applicable closing duties
• Upholding service preparation and culinary standards to ensure a memorable guest experience • Maintaining and upholding our company’s vision and values
• Participating in service/culinary education sessions • Maintaining a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment
• 2 years pastry experience in a fine dining restaurant
• Strong knowledge of dessert and pastry techniques
• Basic knowledge of math, computation skills, and units of measure
• Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work in a team environment and welcome feedback and direction
• Capability to stand for prolonged periods of time
• Lift up to 50 pounds of weight
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, climb up and down stairs, walk, carry multiple objects
• Ability to work in an environment with hot and cold conditions Physical Demands
• Ability to drive performance and results of a diverse culinary workforce
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Baking and/or Pastry from a culinary school/university – preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
1129 Lexington Ave near East 79th Street