Ad ID: 176926
Added: September 27, 2020
Location: United States
State: New York
City: New York
New York City’s highly acclaimed Philippe by Philippe Chow is seeking an experienced Pastry Chef to oversee the pastry program. At Philippe our goal is to deliver a luxurious dining experience by providing exquisite Beijing Style Cuisine, quality service and an enjoyable ambience since 2005. Philippe Chow has received top culinary accolades including “Best Peking Duck” from the New York Observer, “Best in Chinese” by Zagat and “Best of The Best” by Adam Platt & Martha Stewart. In addition to the dishes that exemplify Chef Philippe Chow’s take on classic Beijing-style cuisine, Philippe has an extensive wine list, as well as a selection of vintage champagnes and specialty cocktails, like Lychee Martinis which are reminiscent of the Far East but with a New York twist. To end their meal on a sweet note, diners can order our signature Cotton Candy Baked Alaska.
An ever-strong whirlwind since opening our doors in December 2005, Philippe remains a hotspot and staple for a virtual “who’s who” of the music, film and sports industries, not to mention politicos, CEOs and an array of additional New York influencers and local east-siders. Regular diners include A-LIST celebrities like Rihanna, Kobe Bryant, Troy Aikman and Carmelo Anthony to name just a few.
Philippe is looking for the Chef who will bring their creativity and leadership to NYC hotspot. The ideal candidate will be in charge of desert production for 2 properties, oversee all aspects including all aspects of the plated dessert program. Acting as a leader and teacher to the pastry staff, all while committing to the five star Philippe experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements:
• At least 3 years experience in a pastry preparation position
• Must have availability to work early morning shifts, weekends and holidays
• Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours and lift up to 50lbs
• Maintain a comfort level of working in or around areas of extreme heat (ovens) and cold (walk-in freezers)
• Ability to work with commercial bake shop equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
• Career-minded, punctual, reliable and desire to learn
• Dependable and hard-working
• Passion for food and strong work ethic
• A team oriented spirit
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Passion for food and strong work ethic
The ideal candidate with have the following responsibilities:
• Produce the daily production of all dessert items.
• Place all orders
• Ensure all perishable items are stored quickly and efficiently to avoid unnecessary waste
• Ensure all dry items are stored properly and replenished as needed
• Organization of the kitchen, including organization and cleanliness of dried storage, fridges, and freezers
• Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of working surfaces at all times
• Ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform at all times