Ad ID: 157056
Added: July 7, 2020
Location: United States
State: New York
City: New York
We are seeking an experienced and passionate prep/line cooks as well as juicers & front of house staff. The ideal candidate would have previous casual / fast casual dining experience and a minimum of 2 years experience, and have a drive for success. If you have a passion for health focused and seasonal cuisine, a strong desire to work in a fast pace environment, and are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity we want to hear from you. We are an expanding 100% plant based vegetarian restaurant. All made to order smoothies / açaí bowls / some made to order juices but 80% of menu is grab and go. Evening service has some cocktail serving and some made to order light bites.
Prior Front of House experience is required – we are looking for team players only! We are hiring at both our locations – Financial District and SOHO.
This position contributes to the success of our store by providing customer service to exceed customers’ expectations. This job is vital to our success for our company by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. All team members are expected to model and acts in accordance with store policy.
– Front of House: provide outstanding customer service as barista and cashier (POS register) with full product knowledge of our delicious menu!
– Create and deliver all guest orders in a timely & customer-friendly manner
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Acts in a responsible manner that promote the culture, values and mission of our brand.
• Ability to multitask and remain calm during periods of high volume to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
• Provides quality beverages, bowls, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines and rules for all products.
• Communicates effectively with store manager in regards to store, employee and customer needs.
• Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in team member morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
• Delivers customer service to exceed customers’ expectations by responding to their needs with a sense of urgency.
• Follows our employee handbook, operational policies and procedures (cash handling, dress code).
• Maintains store cleanliness.
• Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing tools.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
The People We Need
• Must have strong sense of urgency.
• Must be a team player and have strong communication skills.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
• Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
• Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or
Kitchen Manager at any time.
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Previous prep or line cook experience.
• English language and professional communications skills are required.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
Spring Street near Lafayette Street