Ad ID: 91541
Added: May 12, 2020
Location: United States
State: New York
Zooba Needs crew members!
Please respond to this ad with your resume and you will be contacted for an interview.
Amazing Opportunity to Grow with Zooba!
We’re a fast-casual Egyptian street food concept, homegrown in Cairo since 2012. If you’re curious about different culinary cultures, serious about great food that’s responsibly sourced and prepared, and into listening to Arab hip-hop while you work, hit us up!
We love Egyptian street food and want you to love it, too. We serve both classic and creative versions of Egyptian street staples and represent for our culture while we do. Led by taameya — Egyptian falafel — our menu is very vegetarian and vegan friendly, but we’re not obnoxious about it. We’d honestly like to cut down on our red meat consumption, but we also really like our hawawshis (picture a smashed burger except the bun is replaced with our homemade Egyptian baladi bread and the patty is 45% veg). The rest of our menu features a lot of fun dipping sauces and a couple of sides.
The character traits we’re looking for:
• Loves making (and eating) Egyptian street food (we’ll give you time to get hooked)
• Curious about the Egyptian food and culture; loves to learn new things
• Enthusiastic by nature; almost always smiling
• Steps in whenever needed to help co-workers and our guests
• Picks up the pace when things get hectic
• Obsesses over the details; really enjoys SOP and recipe execution
The Job Details
• Our kitchen crew work as a team to ensure consistent food quality, delivery and service.
• Rotate kitchen cook stations mastering food preparation and presentation for all menu items.
• Set up, organize, break down and clean work stations; apply a ‘clean as you go’ approach.
• Prepare ingredients and recipes according to recipe book specifications.
• Adhere to food safety and hygiene requirements.
• Date, rotate and stock all food items correctly in accordance with DOH regulations.
• Operate, maintain and properly clean all food service equipment (mixers, fryers, griddles, robot coupes, rationales, blenders) and all surfaces.
• Assist in all prep work for current shift and following shift.
• Jump in wherever needed (dish pit, cashier, guest requests and questions)
Qualifications and Requirements
• Fast-casual restaurant experience preferred
• Team player with a positive attitude
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to stay calm and productive under pressure
• Basic knife skills
• Familiarity with operating kitchen equipment a plus
• NYC DOH food protection certificate
• Completion of high school diploma
• Able to stand for an 8-hour shift and lift 50 lbs.
• Flexible schedule required (morning, evening and weekend shifts)
Salary and Benefits
• Great opportunities to grow with Zooba
• Competitive hourly wage rate ($15.50)
• Health insurance available
• Formal and on-job training
• Full-time and Part-time work available
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Zooba (incorporated as Zooba Eats Inc.) hires based on our specific core values with consideration for required qualifications and competencies. We maintain a nondiscrimination policy towards all employees and applicants.